CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 12, 2007

Gratitude

grat·i·tude (grăt'ĭ-tūd', -tyūd') n.

The state of being grateful; thankfulness.

This has been such a crazy week. On Wednesday my cousin had her babies at 24 weeks. They are so tiny. They are not expected to make it through the weekend. They are only 12 inches long and only weigh 1 pound 5 ounces. Seeing those little babies in the NICU broke my heart.



Seeing how much these little babies mean to me and my family helped put so many things into perspective for me. I realized how grateful I am for eternal families. I am grateful that my parents have made those covenants so we can be an eternal family. I am grateful for the priesthood and that those babies were able to get a name and a blessing. I am grateful for my family and for the strength and support that they show. I am grateful for the doctors and nurses for all there hard work. I am most grateful for my Heavenly Father and his greater plan for those babies.

I know that if those babies do not make it through the weekend that there are many lessons to learn. That they were able to help us understand that there is really a bigger plan in store for them, and that we need to have complete trust in the Lord. I am grateful that I will be able to one day see those babies again.

Please keep them in your prayers!

1 comments:

Matchbox Mom said...

Linz...
You are such an amazing person. I enjoy hearing your testimony. I love that you know these things. I'm proud of you and the decisions you've made in your life. Most of all, I'm amazed at your unselfishness. You give to others way more than you do yourself. For that I am Grateful.

Tami